Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wonderful People of Chaing Mai




Today I wandered into a Buddhist Temple. The young man pictured had just taken his first step to becoming a monk. He had just had his head shaved and the family behind him had brought food to the temple to celebrate. They invited me to join them for lunch. The food looked delicious, but I didn't want to intrude. He seemed so happy, but he looks like a new Marine recruit!




These beautiful young girls work at our hotel. Today was a special day, the owner was having an antique car show in front of the hotel. I'm not sure what their costumes had to do with cars, the guys were taking more pictures of them than the cars! Go figure...







This guy was so much fun! He didn't speak English and of course I don't speak Thai. But we laughed together 'til we cried. I liked this skirt but I told him I was too hot to try it on...so he did! He pranced around saying in his broken English "Paris fashion show". Of course I bought it.








I found these necklaces at the Sunday Night Market. It was a zoo, the usual, hot, crowded and chaotic. It all began to look alike until I found these crocheted necklaces and bracelets. The workmanship is perfect. They are made of sturdy cord with silver and gemstone emblishment. I bought 12 pieces - $45-$55 each.
I'm sending them to Sue today so call her at the shop toll free 877-435-6444 to order them. Pictures will be available soon. Check the website: http://www.dforsythepearls.com/ for a preview of our collection

No comments:

Post a Comment