Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Favorite Men in Prague, today anyway!

Sometimes, I forget to thank my dear life partner, Allan for his good heart and patience as I search the world for jewelry. He is my guardian angle, as pictured here with a sculpture of  whale bones from the Pacific ocean. And the glow above his head is not his aura, though it looks like it! This was an unusually warm, sunny Sunday in Prague! We spent the day strolling in neighborhoods and parks, discovering its treasures.


We found this scrap metal sculpture on a small back street, just standing there rusting! Such a cocky guy, literally! Though he had a smug demeanor, he had a candle in a glass box in his tummy, maybe to warm his heart? And don't you just love the dog face? It so fits him!
This was a very touching monument. I'm not sure the effect is as strong in this picture, I tried capturing it from all angles. It is six 7 foot bronze nude men.The closest is in tact yet it seems to be sleepwalking, and progressively up the stairs each depiction of the same man begins to crack and disappear, until the last sculpture at the top of the stairs is just a few bronze sticks. Below explains it's message better than I could.
On a Happier Note, how 'bout these new pieces of jewelry!


These Turkish Pieces are arriving daily at our shop in Coronado!
Call Sue to receive a more complete description, believe they are very special and once they're gone, they're gone!
d Forsythe Pearls
1136 Loma Ave. ste 203
Coronado, Ca. 92118
619-435-9211 or toll free 877-435-6444

No comments:

Post a Comment