Thursday, May 13, 2010

More Favorites from Istanbul

These are the women who make the Turkish pieces I just can't resist! This is a real behind the scenes look from the Bazaar. After spending almost seven hours with Sami, the shop owner I began asking about the designers. So it takes me down a dark alley, into an old run down stone building that looks 1,000 years old and there sit these young women with a jewelry designer's dream come true, every thing you could ever imagine to make beautiful jewelry! (Somehow though I kinda expected them to be a bit more hip!)
Talk about hip! These kind of outrageous shoes where in every shop, in fact I bought a pair of purple metallic colored soft soft soft leather boots, how could a girl resist. I know I'll never wear those high high heels again but, it's still fun to look and try them on. Turkish leather is some of the finest in the world. As you can see they can make anything, watch out Jimmy Choo!



One of my favorite buys were these beautiful bangles! Ok, someday you and I may have the real 22k ones with gemstones but for now, how 'bout 22k gold plated? Bulgari look a likes for sure. I only bought 12 so call Sue to hold your trio! Turquoise, garnet, coral & malachite.
This necklace is an example of the beautiful workmanship of the Turkmenistan people in eastern Turkey. They combine unusual gemstones and chunky gold plated pendants with silk, buttons and tiny golden charms and coins. The unique imagination of each one is of course one-of-a-kind. And believe it or not it really isn't that heavy! Lots going on here so no need for ruffles or fancy clothes!
Since yesterday's blog we've already sold the pieces shown, so I really mean it, if you want any pieces you see call Sue Anderson and ask her to hold it for your review!
Call toll free 877-435-6444 or 619-435-9211
or drop by the shop:
d Forsythe Pearls
1136 Loma Ave. ste 203
Coronado, Ca. 92118
And please send this blog along to all your girlfriends http://dforsythepearls.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment