Saturday, May 15, 2010

Four More Favorites from Antalya, Turkey

So, what's not to love about Turkey! You may be wondering..."where's her husband, Allan." He's taking the picture, of course! Don't you agree he looks like a very young John Travolta? He was our adorable driver, not much English buy certainly better than my Turkish. Of course he was young enough to be my son but, he certainly could have a career as a "toy boy"!


This is by far my favorite store in this small harbor city of Kaleici, Antalya - A 200 year old CANDY STORE!
Pictured is the "sweet" owner and above his head on the wall is his father, who owned the shop for 50 years! And if you look very closely you'll see Allan reflected in a mirror on the same wall. This shop carries the very best Jordan almonds I've ever had. We sampled until we had sugar highs then bought bags to take home, including Allan's favorite, Halveh. This was certainly a treat!


I found these ancient Turkish Heybe bags in the old town market. They were used in the old days to carry gold coins. I just love that they are so elaborately decorated on both sides. I only found two so far.  They are approx. 9" long and 6" wide.$95ea




This is actually 3 rings that fit together

Each is oxidized silver with 22k gold plated prongs.The stones are pink sapphires and the center ring is crystals. I love that they can be worn as one ring or individually. I only bought one. $250




The ring has been shipped to the shop; the Heybe bags are still with me. If you're intereted in having Sue hold any of the items shown for  your review please call her today:
619-435-9211 toll free 877-435-6444
Or visit the shop:
d Forsythe Pearls
1136 Loma Ave. suite 203
Coronado, Ca. 92118

No comments:

Post a Comment