Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm BACK...in the Grand Bazaar shopping!

It's difficult convincing people buying jewelry in the Grand Bazaar is really hard work. Especially when I send pictures to over 2,000 of our customers of me clowning around with cute guys like this one! No, I didn't buy this costume but, I did buy other fun things for our Turkish Nights party in early June (date to follow). For you not living nearby, try to make an excuse to fly into Coronado for the party. It's going to be such fun, Turkish food, music, costumes and prizes to celebrate lots of news I'll share with you all later!!!




I can't begin to tell you how delicious the Turkish food is! It's not just the kabobs but eggplant, lamb, homemade yogurt, and melons to die for. This wonderful woman and her family have owned a tiny 5 table cafe in the Bazaar for generations. Each day she serves fresh gourmet food for less than $6 per plate. And she has espresso. That may not seem like a big deal, but have you ever had dirt in your coffee? That's what Turkish coffee tastes like to me, yuck! So finding a good cup of java isn't easy! (pictured is her homemade chocolate cheesecake with sour cherry sauce)



TODAY'S FAVORITE BUYS!
I bought similar Turkish bracelets during my last visit and sold out of them so of course I found even better ones this trip. They are all 22k gold plated silver with all sorts of gemstones, pearls, druzes and the last bracelet on the right is a cameo mother of pearl with chalcedony. They have double strand leather claps. $65ea.

This is truly a stunning ring. I wanted to keep it for myself, but I have already bought myself a few too many "little souvenirs" this trip. Sooo here it is a huge green cabochon tourmaline set between two smaller garnets bezel set in gold. The silver band is a smooth beautiful oval shape. Size 7 $125
Are these not the most elegant earrings you've ever seen? They are brushed 22k gold plated over silver surrounded by oxidized silver handset with sparkly crystals. They are about one and a half inches long. $75
So you know the drill, if you want any of these picks, call Sue at the shop right away. It seems you have been calling, because many of the items featured on previous blogs have already been sold!

We're off to cold rainy Prague tomorrow, to buy czech crystal jewelry... so check my blog tomorrow for first finds!

d Forsythe Pearls
1136 Loma Ave. ste 203
Coronado, Ca. 92118
619-435-9211 or toll free 877-435-6444

No comments:

Post a Comment