Tuesday, May 18, 2010

LAST DAY'S FAVORITES IN ANATALY, TURKEY!

I never thought I was much of a textile person until I saw these beautiful handmade ancient pieces. I'm not sure you can tell by the picture but, it's covered in silver charms, each one hand sown. The background fabric is strips of different colored velvet. Further embellishments are white shells, glass seed beads and silk tassels. It's actually a child's garment worn during special ceremonies. It's about 3 feet long and 2 feet wide. I bought two. The second is equally amazing yet completely different. They are $200 each. I'm not sure what one would do with it, but it is so wonderful just to look at, even the underside... so much work!

After settling into a city for five days one begins to see the fine details more clearly, thus the intricate work of the local pottery. I just love the bright colors, from this orange, I'd never seen elsewhere to the traditional cobalt blue. Each piece is hand decorated and they are so inexpensive...trouble is, getting them back home without breaking, last year I took 6 home, bubble wrapped . Three broke, it seems the terracotta clay is more fragile than it looks.

My favorite purchase is this amethyst pendant. I love how the setting so matches the texture of the gemstone. There is a small gold leaf on the left side and the oxidized silver blends perfectly. It's about 1 1/2 inches long. $150
I'm not sure you'll be able to see what this ring actually looks like. It is so organic and has such beautiful thick silver curves. It's the most comfortable ring I've ever tried on. There is only one piece and it's size 7. $85

This classic set stole the day.
 This picture hardly captures the clear sparkle of these handset faceted crystals. Each is individually set in silver prongs. It's a stunning set but may be purchased separately. Pendant $95 earrings $125.

This group left with a shipment today from Antayla, due to arrive in about 7 days.
As always if you're interested in previewing any item before it's in the showroom please contact Sue today to hold it for you.
d Forsythe Pearls
1136 Loma Ave. ste 203
Coronado, Ca. 92118
619-435-9211 or toll free 877-435-6444

No comments:

Post a Comment